In any relationship, there will be frightening spells in which your feelings of love dry up. And when that happens you must remember that the essence of marriage is that it is a covenant, a commitment, a promise of future love. So what do you do? You do the acts of love, despite your lack of feeling. You may not feel tender, sympathetic, and eager to please, but in your actions you must BE tender, understanding, forgiving and helpful. And, if you do that, as time goes on you will not only get through the dry spells, but they will become less frequent and deep, and you will become more constant in your feelings. This is what can happen if you decide to love. Tim Keller, the Meaning of Marriage (via easyisoverrated)
- 1: What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
- 2: Tell of a past event that has influenced your faith the most.
- 3: Who is your Christian role-model?
- 4: Who is your favorite Bible character?
- 5: What is your favorite Bible name?
- 6: If you were to participate in short-term mission trip, where would you like to go?
- 7: Favorite well-known Bible story?
- 8: Would you rather be shot for your faith (and die) or be tortured and live to tell of the experience?
- 9: What are your top three worship songs?
- 10: Your top three favorite Christian contemporary songs?
- 11: Are you a Proverbs 31 woman or a Job 29 man?
- 12: Who is your favorite current Christian speaker? (ex: Francis Chan, Beth Moore, etc.)
- 13: What is your favorite time of day to read the Bible?
- 14: In what ways has God blessed you recently?
- 15: Have you ever witnessed to someone? If so, would you do it again?
- 16: What is a prayer of yours that God has answered recently?
- 17: What do you feel God is really teaching you right now?
- 18: Any Fruit of the Spirit you know you could work on?
- 19: Do you enjoy going to church?
- 20: Which do you prefer; daily devotions or a daily Bible passage?
- 21: Ever read the Bible straight through?
- 22: What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend to beginner Bible readers?
- 23: What are some chapters in the Bible that you recommend period?
- 24: When's the last time you went to church?
- 25: What is your favorite Christian holiday and why?
- 26: Favorite verse?
- 27: Name your top three favorite Christian bands, from any Christian genres.
- 28: Do you call Him the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost?
- 29: In the Lord's Prayer, do you say "forgive us our sins", "forgive us our debts", or "forgive us our transgressions"?
- 30: What is your favorite Bible Study/Sunday School moment?
- 31: Who, on tumblr, inspires your walk with Christ the most?
- 32: If you have one, what is the date of your rebirthday? (or anniversary of becoming a Christian)
- 33: Would you rather die and go to heaven or be on earth when Jesus comes again?
- 34: What is the best thing someone has done to encourage you spiritually?
- 35: Old-fashioned church services or contemporary church services?
← Older entries Page 1 of 230